Monday, June 19, 2006

how I'm a fraud

Out of nowhere, after a couple of weeks, my librarian crush was back at the station waiting for the 6 o'clock train. I tried to act like I hadn't noticed the profound monotony of his absense, but when I sat by him my knees were shaking like an 8-year-old girl. I planted them firmly on the ground and kept trying to talk like I was so cool. I'm such a fraud.
Towards the end of the ride he tells me he's DJing again tomorrow, and I try to act moderately surprised even though I totally remembered from last month's e-mail that he does it the third Tuesday of the month, because I am a creepy stalker.
"That sounds cool. I think I'll ride my bike down to that."
"You should."
I'm going to have to drink so heavily to not be too nervous around him and his friends in a non-Caltrain setting for the first time.


In other news, on the day of her final wedding headcount, Shonelle writes:
Your flying solo actually helps a LOT with seating arrangements. :)
This is too funny.

No comments: