Monday, May 29, 2006

partying like an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel

Memorial Day Weekend, which as we know is all about decadence, got started a little early after my post-blind date clubbing session on Thursday night. It was a good thing I had already made plans to meet up with some friends at 10:00, because the date was...the guy was nice and all, but I really wasn't attracted to him and by the end he was definitely taking every opportunity to touch my arm, shoulder and back and there was nothing I could do to make him get the hint.
I went out with some old Sunnyvale friends to popscene - where I hadn't been since years before I was old enough to drink. Of course I stayed out till 2:30 and somehow stumbled to work the next day only to go to another birthday party that night.
On Saturday I spent 3 hours at the bike kitchen trying to make my bicycle slightly more rideable (new chain, brake cable and brake pads and it still needs work), then went to Carnaval in the Mission for several hours.
When I tried to unlock my bike to go home, my cheap combination lock was jammed, and we had to ask a local resident to give us a hand. It took him ten minutes of intense sawing to get through it, which leads me to believe it wasn't that bad of a lock except for the fact that the combination gears jammed. Master Lock is definitely going to hear about this.

We had a barbeque on Sunday, and we might have been the only people to ever buy their actual barbeque at 10:00 pm the night before the barbeque ($25 at the Foods Co - amazing!).
The barbeque was utterly decadent and extravagant - six wines, three kinds of meat, two types of soy, three desserts.
Then proceeded to go out drinking in the Mission until the bars closed.
Now invited to another barbeque today that's supposed to be at a chef's house. I don't even know if my body is up to another day of decadent eating and drinking, but on behalf of research, youth and other miscellaneous values I will have to do my best.

No comments: