Friday, May 12, 2006

Things I'm over.

After an exceedingly dull day at work and a cut-short conversation with my librarian crush, who made no attempt to try to hang out with me outside of Caltrain, I came home frustrated. Whatever, I'll just add him and the day to the list of things I'm over. Proofreading some kind of legal letter for my mother over the phone with her pushed me over the edge, and I had to put on a sweatshirt and sneakers and listen to bad screamo and walk up the hill to where I could see the sunset. I wasn't sure which direction to walk in, but half an hour later I was at Alamo Square just in time to see a corner of the sky glowing hot gold and pink.
"Isn't it amazing?" a stranger said to me as I walked towards the log-bench. I was walking too fast to stop, but I showed him my gigantic grin. "You seem pretty stoked to see it," he said. By that point San Francisco had given me its usual payoff. I watched it till it faded to white, and walked slowly down the hill over the pink city turning on its lights.

No comments: